Peel-Highway 427 Extenstion Transportation Master Plan
The Peel-Highway 427 Extension Master Plan is a study examing how the extension of Highway 427 will affect roadway requirements in Peel.
Some of the issues addressed in the study include:
- Commuter traffic and goods movements.
- Improving existing roads.
- The construction of a new road connecting Mayfield Road and Major Mackenzie Drive.
- A new study of the extension of Highway 427 beyond Major Mackenzie Drive.
Summary of Recommendations
The study recommends:
- A new road link in the Region of Peel to manage traffic to and from the Highway 427 Extension Area.
- Road improvements in Peel, including both road widening and new road connections.
- Confirming York-Peel boundary area network connections.
Additional Highway 427 Extension Resources
The Ministry of Transportation started the 427 Corridor EA to support the concepts described in the Province on Ontario's Growth Plan.
Visit the 427 Transportation Corridor website to learn more.
The Regional Municipality of York is working to find - and develop options to fix - transportation issues in Western Vaughan.
For more information about the Peel-Highway 427 Extension Transportation Master Plan, please contact:
Manager, Transportation System Planning
Transportation Planning, Public Works
Region of Peel
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON L6T 4BV9
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4352
E-mail: Sabbir Saiyed