If you live on a Regional road and want to add a driveway (access) or change your driveway (access), you must complete the required development application form(s).
Properties bordering Regional roads can have one access and one farm access, provided that access is not available from a City or Town road.
If you live on a Regional road and want to relocate your existing access/driveway for improved safety, the procedure is the same as applying for a new access/driveway.
Development applications are necessary for both residential and commercial/industrial properties.
For Residential Access
For Industrial/Commercial Access
- New Industrial & Commercial Access/Driveway Request (PDF)
- Also required: a Traffic Impact Study and adherence to the Access Control By-law
For both residential and industrial/commercial access/driveway requests 1
- Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Letter of Undertaking (PDF)
- Notification to Commence Work (PDF)
- Insurance Certificate Form (PDF)
- Road Occupancy Permit (PDF)
Traffic Development fees
Traffic Development Administration and Road Fee increases are being phased in starting in 2021 and continue into 2022.
Fee changes effective July 1, 2021
As of July 1, 2021, 50 per cent increase to existing fees, and implementation of new fee categories will take effect for the following application types:
- Site Plan Review/Development Applications will increase from 7% to 8.91% or minimum charge of $1,724.401
- Temporary Access Fees will increase from $333.88 to $1,1372
- Road Occupancy Permits – Development Related will increase from $450 to $9803
- Access/service Compliance letters will increase from $308.23 to $988.002
All payments are payable to the Region of Peel must be submitted as an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or Wire Transfer.
|Description of service||Fee or charge|
||8.91% or minimum charge of $1,724.40|
|Access/Servicing Compliance Letters||$988.00|
|Road Occupancy Permit – Development Related||$980.00|
|Temporary Access fee||$1,137.00|
Payment must be received prior to preparation of information. Payment can be made in person or via telephone using Visa, Mastercard, or cheque made payable to “Region of Peel”. We also accept Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT).
For more information, please contact:
The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800
Email questions and comments
2 Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is not applicable
3 This fee will be split into two fees: Road Occupancy Permits determined by staff to be related to standard works and maintenance will continue to be subject to a $450 fee, while Road Occupancy Permits determined by staff to be related to development applications that will have associated works in the Regional Right of Way will be subject to a $980 fee.