King Street and Creditview Road. Project 16-1370A
What we are doing
- Installing watermain on King Street between Mississauga Road and Creditview Road, and on Creditview Road between King Street and Charles Haines Park (Caledon Fire Station 304) as shown on the attached map (PDF).
- Replacing a section of existing watermain in the vicinity of Charles Haines Park.
- To provide upgrades and improvements to our water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work within the week.
- The project should be completed by Fall 2020. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system installations are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Sean Ballaro||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7917|
|Juan Jimenez||Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
Stantec will be providing daily administration of the project, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Al Mueller||Contract Administrator||519-585-7261|
|Lancorp Construction Co. Ltd.
Lancorp will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Al Mueller||Contract Administrator||905-660-0778|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Peak hour working restrictions will be in effect on King Street so that disruptions to traffic movements are minimized.
Traffic and parking control
- In some areas, we will need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction. Where required, portable traffic control signals will be used.
- If we must reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Opportunities for on-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the road, shoulder and boulevard
- We will start restoration once watermain installation is complete and as weather permits.
- We have contacted all property owners with street frontage. However, as a reminder, if you would like to have your property serviced, it is important to contact the Project Manager or Inspector by August 24, 2019, so that we can schedule the work. The costs to pre-service your property and other information will be shared with you.
- For your information, if you choose to service your property, the Region is only responsible up to your property line. Beyond that point, it is the homeowner’s responsibility to connect to their house.
Closing your private well
- If you have a private well and have decided to connect to our municipal water supply, we strongly recommend you decommission it as per Ministry of Environment and Climate Change legislation (Ontario Wells Regulation 903). The Region of Peel has a Private Well Abandonment Program to decommission private wells on existing private residential or farming properties on a first-come, first-served basis, at no cost to the resident. Please visit the wellhead abandon page. or call 905-791-7800, extension 4685 for more program information.
- We can provide further information to you about how to connect your property to municipal water.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
Please call any member of our project team if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.