Victoria Feedermain project
Watermain construction. Mayfield Road from Mississauga Road to Hurontario Street
What we are doing
Installing various diameter watermains including the Victoria Feedermain, Mayfield Road Subtransmission watermain and local distribution works along existing road right of ways.
- To meet the increased demand for water supply, distribution and storage needs for the north part of Brampton and the Town of Caledon.
- Contract 1 – Work on Mayfield Road between Mississauga Road and Hurontario Street began in July 2013 and is now finished. The project is under warranty until September 2017.
- Contract 2 – Heart Lake Road between Mayfield Road and Old School Road - October 2016 to August 2018
- Contract 3 – Heart Lake Road between Old School Road and the future Victoria Reservoir (King Street and Kennedy Road) - October 2016 to August 2018
- Contract 4 – Dixie Road between Mayfield Road and King Street and Old School Road Between Dixie and Heart Lake Road and King Street Between Heart Lake to Campbell's Cross School - October 2017 to August 2018
What to expect during construction
The work will be completed using an open cut method (digging a trench and laying the water pipe in the trench) and staged to minimize disruption to traffic in the area. There may be gravel-type material and watermain piping near the roadway and heavy machinery will be used for the work. You may hear noise around the construction site.
Construction began on Mayfield Road at Mississauga Road and is proceeding east towards Hurontario Street. At the railway crossing between Van Kirk Drive and Hurontario Street crews will tunnel under the crossing and continue with open cut construction on the north side of Mayfield Road towards Hurontario Street.
- McLaughlin/Mayfield Road Closure - February 2015 (PDF)
- Wanless Road Closure - January 2015 (PDF)
- Advanced Notice - Mississauga/Mayfield Road Watermain and Sanitary Sewer - January 2013 (PDF)
- Mayfield Road Watermain Construction - July 2013 (PDF)
Other construction work
Watermain and sanitary sewer construction has begun on Mississauga Road between Bovaird Drive West and Sandalwood Parkway West. This work is anticipated to be completed by 2014.
Co-ordination with other works
As we co-ordinate works with the City of Brampton and the Town of Caledon, our work may be followed by road construction and/or resurfacing. In this case our restoration may only be temporary. When the city has finished the road work they will complete a comprehensive restoration.
Water service connection fees
Once the watermains are installed, residents in some areas will have the opportunity to apply for a water service connection. Find out more about this service and the related fees.
Mayfield Road watermain project videos
Who you can call
This project will be constructed by Varcon Construction and inspected by Region and consultant staff. The contact persons and phone numbers are listed below:
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Jaime Acosta||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7922|
|Troy Leyburne||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7919|
|Tom Graovac||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Consultant - Cole Engineering|
|Matthew Eades||Contract Administrator||905-940-6161|
|Contractor - Varcon Construction - 905-794-2041|