Pioneer hi-bred tile drain construction
Mayfield Road, between Mississauga Road and Chinguacousy Road. Project 15-4070
Where is the work happening?
- On Mayfield Road between East of Mississauga Road (East of Veterans Drive) and West of Creditview Road (West of Robert Parkinson Drive), City of Brampton/Town of Caledon
What are we doing?
- The work includes:
- installation of new storm sewer pipe and channel outlet, including a road crossing on Mayfield Road, and all related appurtenances, removals and restoration works.
- Construction Start: October 2020 - Finish: December 2020 (weather permitting)
- Sam Rabito Construction Limited has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf. Hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday and work may also be done on Saturdays.
- These hours follow the city’s by-laws. Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public; however, will help facilitate completion of the project as quickly as possible.
- The project will be phased to minimize traffic disruption while maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, due to the nature of the work, we will need to reduce traffic lanes to a single lane.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
- The project is located away from residential/commercial driveways. We do not anticipate to impact any driveways.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- Please call the project manager if you have any special needs.
Who can you call?
Region of Peel Project Manager
905-791-7800 ext. 8754
Construction during COVID-19
Construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with regulations, physical distancing, using PPE and adjusting work schedules and shifts. Stay up-to-date about COVID-19 in Peel.