Construction update notice
East Brampton pumping station and reservoir upgrades. Contract 1
What we are doing
- Completing various upgrades at the Region’s East Brampton Pumping Station and Reservoir located at 118 Nanport Street (PDF Map).
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability.
- We expect to start work back up on or about August 20, 2018 and complete the project by September 2020.
- Of special note: The work may appear to be completed intermittently or in stages. The reason for this is that the Region has limited the timeframes during which in-reservoir work can be completed to minimize impacts on water supply in peak demand periods. You should not experience any interruptions to the water supply.
Other important information
- The Region has received federal and provincial government funding for this project.
- Due to the funding, there are multiple projects planned for this site over the next several years including two(2) pumping stations, reservoir upgrade projects and connection of a watermain from Dixie Road.
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Truck traffic and site driveway access
- During the course of the work there will be trucks needing access to the site driveway located off of Nanport Street.
Pedestrian access and site safety
- The contractor has installed temporary fencing around the edge of the work zone to prevent public entry into the working area. Please do not climb the fence or enter the site for any reason.
- Pathway access around the site will be limited during construction to protect public safety.
- There will be no disruption to the soccer fields or park to the west of the construction site.
Repairing the pathway and sod
- We will start restoring the site once all work has been completed and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Numbers|
|William Turner||Project Manager||(905) 791-7800 ext 7837|
Construction Inspection, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Jonathan VanderSteen||Project Manager||1-519-824-8150|
|Torbear Contracting Inc.
Torbear will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Courtney Hoaran||Site Superintendent||905-850-8814|
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager listed below if you have any concerns or comments.