Adult Day Services program – Sheridan Villa
A safe and caring place to support seniors’ well-being.
The Region of Peel has resumed in-person Adult Day Services programs with reduced capacity and appropriate safety requirements. Virtual programs also continue for those who cannot attend in-person. Contact us for more information.
The Adult Day Services (ADS) program allows participants, many of whom have reduced physical or cognitive abilities, to stay at home longer by providing a place to go during the day for engaging activities and social interaction.
Virtual recreation programs hours
- Monday to Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
In-person program hours
- Weekdays: Monday to Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Weekends: closed.
We’re located at Sheridan Villa long term care centre, 2460 Truscott Dr., south of the QEW between Southdown Road and Winston Churchill Boulevard.
- A bright and vibrant home-like space that’s welcoming and comfortable
- A feelings-based approach to care with a strong emphasis on getting to know participants, by learning their life story, strengths, and capabilities. This information is used to connect with participants and plan programs that are interesting, engaging and will help participants thrive.
- An array or recreation programs that support the participants physical, intellectual, emotional, and social wellbeing, including music therapy, horticultural therapy, intergenerational programs, and pet therapy.
- Physiotherapy led exercise classes
- Group Exercise classes
- Falls prevention classes
- Assistance with bathing and activities of daily living
- Bathing services for adults not registered in the ADS program are also available.
We want everyone leaving the program at day’s end to feel good and want to return on their next scheduled day!
Supervisor, Adult Day and Community Support Services
905-791-8668, ext. 2925
2460 Truscott Dr. in south Mississauga