Seniors dental program
Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP)
Waitlist for Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
Due to overwhelming demand, the Community Health Centres in Peel are unable to book any further appointments. There is currently a waitlist to receive seniors dental care services in Peel. To add your name to the waitlist for the next available appointment, call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.
Peel Public Health is working with local Community Health Centres and the Ministry of Health to provide dental care for eligible seniors through the new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP). The OSDCP replaces the Region of Peel Seniors' Dental Program.
The program will provide low-income seniors access to essential dental care they may not otherwise be able to afford.
Get more information about OSDCP or call 416-916-0204 (toll-free 1-833-207-4435, TTY 1-800-855-0511). Contact Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 for assistance in completing the application form.
Ontario residents are eligible for the OSDCP if they:
- Are 65 years or older.
- Are a resident of Ontario.
- Have an annual net income of $22,200 or less for a single person or a combined annual net income of $37,100 or less for a couple.
- Have no access to any other form of dental benefits like private insurance or other provincial or federal government program.
The following dental services are provided to OSDCP clients:
- examinations and assessments
- preventive services
- restorative services to repair broken teeth and cavities
- oral surgery to remove teeth or abnormal tissue
- endodontic services to treat infection and pain
- periodontal services to treat gum conditions and diseases
Prosthodontic services, including dentures, will be partially covered.
There are 2 methods to apply to the OSDCP.
- Visit www.ontario.ca/seniorsdental and select ‘apply online’.
- Complete the online application form.
- Print and sign the consent form.
- Mail the signed consent form within 30 days to:
Ministry of Health
Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
Station P, P.O. Box 159
Toronto, ON M5S 2S7
2. By mail:
- Download and print the application form at www.ontario.ca/seniorsdental or you can pick up an application from any of the following locations below.
- Mail the completed application form to the Ministry of Health.
Region of Peel offices:
- 7120 Hurontario St, Mississauga, ON and
- 10 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON
- 9 Wellington St. E., Brampton, ON (Peel Art Gallery Museum + Archives (PAMA), Reception Desk)
Peel Public Health Clinics
325 Central Parkway W, Unit 21, Mississauga, ON
6975 Meadowvale Town Centre Circle, Mississauga, ON
Documentation needed to apply
To apply you’ll need the following:
- A Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Temporary Taxation Number.
- To have filed a Personal Tax Return with Canada Revenue Agency for the most recent tax year.
If you do not have a SIN or did not file taxes in the recent tax year
You can apply to the OSDCP through a Guarantor using the Guarantor form. This form must be completed, signed by the Guarantor, and mailed to the OSDCP.
A Guarantor must be a person that:
- Is a Canadian citizen and 18 years or older.
- Can confirm the identity of the applicant and if applicable, their spouse or common law partner and the identity, age and Ontario residency of the client(s).
- Is a member of a regulated profession for example, dentist, teacher, nurse, doctor, lawyer, or other specified profession like a mayor or professor.
Visit www.ontario.ca/seniorsdental for a full list of acceptable Guarantors.
You need to apply for the program as an individual. A couple must complete 2 application forms if you both want to apply.
Your spouses’ information must be included in the application form and you both need to provide consent.
Once your application has been approved, you will be mailed a welcome package and a dental card.
OSDCP services are provided at public health units and participating Community Health Centres and Aboriginal Health Centres. In Peel, OSDCP services is provided at three locations at 2 Community Health Centres. The dental card must be presented at the time of appointment.
Due to overwhelming demand, the Community Health Centres in Peel are unable to book any further appointments. There is currently a waitlist to receive OSDCP services in Peel. To add your name to the waitlist for the next available appointment, please call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.