Requirements for agencies interested in CIP funding
An agency must be:
- Incorporated as a not-for-profit organization for a minimum of 2 years.
- Located in and serving Peel residents with a mandate to provide human and social services.
- Governed by a volunteer board of directors that's representative of the community it serves.
- An organization that provides equal access to services for individuals of diverse cultures and disabilities.
- In compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code in its hiring practices and in provision of all its services.
- Able to provide 2 years of annual financial statements.
Who we will not fund
- For profit organizations
- Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
- Organizations that duplicate services in the same geographical area
- Organizations affiliated with a political party or that have a political mandate
What we will not fund
- Costs directly linked to the delivery of a program or service
- Annual fundraising drives or events
- Religious programs, activities or proselytizing
- Political activities
- Activities completed, or costs incurred before the approval of the request to the Region
- Medical research or medical equipment
Programs where the federal or provincial government have the primary responsibility for funding, including but not limited to:
- Hospital-based health programs
- Medical research
- Arts and cultural programs
- Formal education and training
- Settlement and English language instruction programs
Programs that are funded or delivered by Brampton, Caledon or Mississauga, including but not limited to:
- Parks and recreation
- Environmental programs
- Economic development
All applicants must complete an organizational profile.