North Peel Community Church
The North Peel Community Church is located in Sandhill, a crossroads in Caledon East. Built in 1871 as St. Mark's Anglican Church, the building was purchased by Bishop Ronald and Pastor Claudette Kelly in 1983, and officially opened in 1988. Since that time, the community has added an extension to the building and a much-needed parking lot.
Church Mission: To be the church contributing positively to the enhancement of a diverse community, ministering to the complete person.
"The North Peel Community Church has made many significant contributions to our wonderful community including: family and youth counseling, a seniors program, a youth summer camp, the sponsorship of community sports teams, participation in community events, and other community-related activities." - David Tilson, Member of Parliament for Dufferin-Caledon, September 2008.
One of three stained glass windows from the original St. Marks Anglican Church that survived years of neglect, but are now a focal point in the North Peel Community Church.