Resident Perception of Value of Tax Dollars
We measure progress towards long-term outcomes by tracking key indicators for the Peel community.
Why is this important?
- The Region of Peel has an obligation to provide quality services to our residents, while spending in a responsible manner.
- The metric of resident ratings for value of tax dollars is an important indicator for how residents perceive value they receive from regional services.
How is this measured?
- The Region of Peel commissions Environics to survey about 600 Peel residents every year.
- It asks residents, "Thinking about all the programs and services you receive from your municipal government, would you say that, overall, you receive very good, fairly good, fairly poor, or very poor value for your tax dollars?"
What progress are we making?
- We have work to do in this area.
- Since 2009, the Region of Peel has seen a downward trend in resident perception of value for tax dollars.
- We continuously seek out effective and efficient service delivery models that meet the needs of our residents in a cost effective manner.
- The Region of Peel is dedicated to service excellence and providing good value for tax dollars to our residents.
- We do this by implementing improvements to processes and technology, as well as collaborating and leveraging resources through partnerships with all levels of government and a wide array of community partners.