Donating items for reuse
The Region's reuse drop-off areas accept items in good working condition that can be reused.
Diabetes Canada textile sheds
Drop reusable items in good condition in a Diabetes Canada textile shed.
Textile sheds are located just outside 10 Peel Centre Drive and 7120 Hurontario Street. Check the acceptable items you can drop in the shed.
Only certain items are acceptable for reuse. Check How to Sort Your Waste to find out if your item is acceptable for donation.
Donation drop-off areas
Donation drop–off areas are designated areas where residents can drop off items in good condition that can be reused.
We've partnered with The Salvation Army Thrift Store, Caledon Community Services Evolve Lifestyle store and Diabetes Canada to provide reuse services for the residents of Peel.
The Salvation Army Thrift Store and Donor Welcome Centres
The Salvation Army Thrift Store accepts and sells gently-used, reusable items in good condition.
The store is located at the Brampton Community Recycling Centre at 395 Chrysler Drive. You can drop off your gently-used items for donation, as well as browse and buy reusable items that others have donated.
Donations are accepted at Donor Welcome Centres at four Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).
Watch this video to learn how your donation of gently used items is making a positive difference:
Evolve Lifestyle store at Bolton CRC
Caledon Community Services operates an Evolve Lifestyle store at the Bolton Community Recycling Centre. The Evolve Lifestyle store accepts and sells reusable items in good condition.
Only certain items are acceptable for reuse. Check How to Sort Your Waste if your item isn't in the following lists.
Reuse drop-off areas will accept:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Books and media
- Eye glasses
- Furniture (excluding Heart Lake CRC)
- Clean and gently-used clothing and shoes. (Torn items are accepted)
- Dishes in good condition (no chips or cracks)
- Household items
- New or gently used plumbing fixtures
- Power equipment
- Small appliances (in working condition)
- Sports equipment
- Tools and shop equipment
Reuse drop-off areas will NOT accept:
- Automotive products such as tires, batteries, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, and auto parts
- Baby items such as cribs and cradles, car seats, strollers, baby gates, playpens, and baby walkers
- Broken furniture, damaged upholstery, bunk beds, or other items in need of repair or assembly (e.g., water beds, modular office systems/dividers)
- Broken or stained toilet and sinks, building materials, carpeting, and floor padding
- Chemical products
- Food products
- Large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, furnaces, and water heaters
- Lawn darts, helmets and face protectors
- Products that don't meet current safety standards, including recalled items
- Propane tanks and cylinders
- Recyclable materials such as newspaper, office paper, cardboard and plastics
- Toys for children under 3 years of age
- Used personal care items
- Weapons of any sort