GTA West Corridor Environmental Assesment
The GTA West Corridor:
- Stretches from the City of Guelph to the Vaughan Corporate Centre.
- Includes parts of the City of Brampton and the Town of Caledon.
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is leading an Environmental Assessment (EA) of the GTA West Corridor to:
- Study long-term transportation problems and opportunities.
- Pinpoint solutions to provide better links between Urban Growth Centres.
- Analyze the study area's:
- air quality impacts
- constructability and economic issues
- cultural environment
- land use
- natural environment
- transportation benefit
How will the GTA West EA affect Peel?
The Draft GTA West Corridor Transportation Development Strategy recommends that the corridor would start at Highway 400, pass through Peel in southern Caledon and then swing south along the proposed Halton-Peel Freeway to end at both the Highway 401/407 interchange area and Highway 401 west of Milton.
Peel staff will work with the MTO to further this project and determine how it will influence Peel.
This selection would affect the need for and/or the timing of the Halton-Peel Boundary Area Transportation Study (HPBATS).
For more information, please visit the GTA West Corridor Environmental Assessment website or contact:
- Sabbir Saiyed
Manager, Transportation System Planning
Transportation Planning, Public Works
Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4352
- Mailing Address:
Region of Peel
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9