Corporate Finance – Accounts Payable
Vendor Accounts Payable Welcome
On behalf of the Corporate Services, Corporate Finance department, we would like to welcome you as a vendor to the Region of Peel. At the Region of Peel, we strive to pay bills in a timely manner using electronic funds transfer.
Information you should know:
- Where to mail your invoice
- What to include on your invoice
- How to register for direct deposit payment
- About our payment terms
- About early payment discounts
- Accounts Payable Contacts
- How to change your address or phone number
- How to change your banking information
- Information on becoming a vendor or view bid documents
1. Where to mail your invoice
We ask you to send all invoices for Region of Peel to the person who ordered the service/merchandise at the address provided at the time of order.
For Peel Housing Corporation please send all invoices to our centralized Post Office box:
Peel Housing Corporation
c/o Peel Living
PO Box 625
Brampton, ON L6V 2L6
2. What information to include on your invoice
Please ensure that all invoices have the following information:
- Full name of person ordering goods or service
- E-mail address of person who received your goods or services (e.g. email@example.com)
- Purchase Order number (this is required for most goods and services we acquire and its absence may result in a return of your invoice)
3. How to register for direct deposit payment
Our policy is to submit payments via direct deposit. We faced many attempted cheque frauds during the past year and have found that electronic funds transfer is more efficient and faster.
With direct deposit, you will automatically receive an e-mail outlining the upcoming payment.
4. Our payment terms
Our payment terms are net 30 days. We can pay you within 30 days provided that:
- Accounts Payable has the approval to pay on behalf of the department that purchased your goods or services, and
- We have received your direct deposit information.
5. Early payment discounts
Should you wish to be paid sooner than net 30 days we will pay you ahead of time provided:
- You offer a discount for early payment and
- We already have the invoice approved for payment from the person purchasing your product or service.
For more information, please choose the appropriate contact below.
6. Accounts Payable Contacts
- Accounts Payable Supervisor: 905-791-7800 ext 4274
- General Enquiries: 905-791-7800 ext 4514
- Melkis Dutt
7. How to change your address or phone number
- Send a letter with your original letterhead addressed to the Vendor Input Co-ordinator’s attention outlining the changes. This should be signed by an authorized company officer.
- Mail the letter to: Region of Peel PO Box 458 Brampton, ON L6V 2L4
8. How to change your banking information
- Complete the Accounts Payable Application for Vendor Direct Deposit (PDF, 650 KB)
- Form must be signed by two authorized company officers
- Attach a voided cheque
- Mail it to: Region of Peel, PO Box 458 Brampton, ON L6V 2L4
- Please note that an e-mail will not be accepted.
9. Information on becoming a vendor or view bid documents
- For more information on how to become a vendor or to view bid documents, visit Peel Purchasing.
Tuesday July 14 2015