Youth & Student Employment
We provide summer employment for students attending college, university, technical or vocational trade schools.
These opportunities help students gain valuable work experience and earn income over the summer months. Summer Student job opportunities are posted in January. The summer work term runs from May to the end of September.
Students are paid a competitive hourly rate bi-weekly + 6% vacation pay.
- General Administrative - customer service, filing, data entry, reception, financial, project co-ordination
- Outdoor labourer positions - customer service, landscaping, general cleaning and maintenance
- Specialized positions relating to Civil Engineering, Health, Social Services and Marketing and Communications may be available
Qualifications and requirements
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program and returning to school in September
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Available to work a variety of shifts from May 1 to September 1 inclusively
- Some positions require a valid "G" Driver's licence in good standing
- Administrative Experience
- Labour Experience
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association) approved work boots
- Criminal Reference Check
- TB Testing and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening may be required for certain positions
All first-year students will attend an orientation session on their first day which includes mandatory Health and Safety orientation. Additional department specific training is provided.
Time off and vacation
Regular attendance is expected. Please advise your supervisor of any unplanned absences. Requested time off may not be approved depending on business needs.
- Students create a profile and apply online
- New students under consideration will be invited to complete a video screening interview or phone interview. Detailed instructions will be provided.
- Students can expect to hear from us between February and April.
- Reference checks are mandatory for all summer students
- Successful candidates will receive an offer letter package by email. Please ensure to complete & return all forms promptly to ensure no delays to your pay.
- Students not under consideration will be notified via email