Return to homepage
Return to homepage will be down this Saturday

The Region's website and online services will be unavailable on Saturday, August 19, between 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for one hour due to maintenance. Website visitors may also experience intermittent outages during this time period. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Do You Need Help Paying for Child Care?


The Region of Peel offers subsidized child care options

The Region of Peel provides financial assistance to help families with their child care costs for children up to 12 years of age in licensed child care programs, if they meet eligibility requirements and have a valid reason for care.

Subsidized care is available in centre-based, school-based and home-based child care programs in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.

To be eligible for a child care fee subsidy you must:

  1. Have filed last year's income tax return and have your current Notice of Assessment (NOA) or Canada Child Benefit (CCB) Notice
  2. Live in Peel (Brampton, Caledon, Mississauga)
  3. Be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant or refugee with a valid work permit or study permit
  4. Be the parent, foster parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) and living with them
  5. Be working, self-employed, in school or in a training program full-time or part-time as described below.

Please see the Child Care Fee Subsidy Estimator for eligibility information.

Find out what you need to get a fee subsidy.

Fee Subsidy Poster (PDF)