Starting in January 2016, your waste will be collected bi-weekly.
Unlike most households in Peel who will receive carts for their garbage and recycling, you will be on a bag-based program.
Not all households will receive carts. If you live in a townhouse complex, you'll use only bags – not carts – for garbage and recycling.
Bi-weekly means that recycling and organics will be picked up one week, then garbage and organics will be picked up the other week.
Bi-weekly bag-based collection will begin the week of January 4, 2016.
Condo corporations, quadruplexes and townhouse complexes are better suited for bagged collection due to:
- Limited storage space: no ability to store carts at the side of the home.
- No access to the backyard from the garage.
- Narrow and/or internal roadways.
Please have your condo corporation contact the Region at Biweeklyinquiry@peelregion.ca if you would like your complex to be considered for cart-based collection.
We will deliver a new green cart to your home, free of charge, between September-December 2015.
The new organics cart is 100L and comes in one size only.
2 ft 1 in
1 ft 8 in
3 ft 3 in
Your new green cart:
- Has a unique lock that keeps animals out.
- Will hold the same amount of organic waste as 2 current green carts or 14 small organics containers.
- Will be collected weekly.
- Means you'll have less "smelly" stuff to store.
You should start using your new organics cart the week of January 4, 2016.