Victoria Reservoir contract 1, site preparation
What we are doing
- The work includes removing existing drainage tiles; removing and stockpiling topsoil; installing tile drain headers; constructing a gravel road, drainage swales, erosion and sediment control pond, and implementing erosion and sediment control measures; fencing around the property; and installing new incoming temporary power service and automatic access gate. View area map (PDF).
- The purpose of this contract is to prepare the site for the installation of a future water storage reservoir.
- This phase of the work should be completed by the end of 2018.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Jaime Acosta||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7922|
|Jimmy Armstrong||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Eric Tucson||Project Manager (CIMA)||905-695-1005|
|Matthew Ballaban||Project Manager (GM BluePlan)||519-824-8150, ext. 1258|
Pachino Construction will do the work, under contract to the
Region of Peel
|Luigi Oppedisano||Project Manager||905-660-9978|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during the construction of the new entrance way into the site.
Installation of property line fencing
- We will be installing 1.8m high chain link fence around the perimeter of the property, on the existing property line.
- This is a necessary feature for all of our Water System sites to ensure the security of our site and the quality of the drinking water that will be contained within the water storage reservoir.
- There will be selective areas where we will be adjusting the location of the fence to accommodate existing trees.
Trimming of existing trees near property line
- If tree branches within the property line interfere with the construction of perimeter fencing, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- You may feel slight vibrations in your home from the construction work.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.