Construction Projects in Peel
Every year we take on construction projects to maintain our current water and wastewater systems and to build new infrastructure.
This important work delivers safe and clean drinking water every time you turn on your tap. When you flush your toilet or take a shower our systems make sure the wastewater goes where is it should.
Is there a Region construction project taking place in your neighbourhood that you would like some more information about? View a complete list of the watermain, sanitary sewer and Regional road projects.
Major Construction Projects
- Burnhamthorpe Water Project, Mississauga
- Dixie Area Project, Brampton
- Hanlan Water Project, Mississauga
Other construction projects in Peel
There may be construction in your neighbourhood that isn’t part of a Region of Peel project. You can view a complete list other construction happening in Peel.
- City of Brampton
- Town of Caledon
- City of Mississauga
- Ministry of Transportation– bridges and highways
Who owns what
Ownership and maintenance of infrastructure around your property is divided between the home owner, the city or town and Region of Peel. As a homeowner, you are responsible for the maintenance of pipes that fall on the private side of the property line.
Visit the City of Mississauga's Who Owns What page to see a helpful illustration that explains the roles and responsibilities for home owners.
- Design, Specification and Procedures
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facility Design Guidance (PDF)
- Municipal Drinking Water System – Legislative Requirements (PDF)
- Water Projects - Disinfection Work Requirements Checklist (PDF)
- QP Form 0764 Continuous Feed Method Watermain Disinfection (DOC)
Owner initiated local improvements
A property owner may initiate a local improvement project. To get started on these projects a letter or application must be submitted to the Region of Peel. Get details on the process, including who qualifies for this type of work.