Get Help Paying for Past-Due Bills or Rent

You may be able to get one-time financial help to pay your past-due utility, rent or mortgage bills.

This help is available one-time only to avoid having your utilities disconnected or being evicted from your home.

Check your eligibility

You can apply if you live in Peel and you have received:

If you have trouble paying bills on an ongoing basis, you may need to consider other options to lower your monthly bills or rent. You can also apply for financial help from Ontario Works.

Apply Online

You will be asked to log in with a Region of Peel account. If you do not have an account, follow the instructions to create one and then apply.

After You Apply

You will be contacted within 4 business days for further information and to discuss your situation.

If you are not eligible, you will receive a letter in the mail.

If you can't apply online, you can call us to complete an application over the phone at 905-793-9200 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).

Other information