Get Help Paying for Past-Due Bills or Rent
You may be able to get one-time financial help to pay your past-due utility, rent or mortgage bills.
This help is available one-time only to avoid having your utilities disconnected or being evicted from your home.
Check your eligibility
You can apply if you live in Peel and you have received:
- written notice from a utility company that your service is about to be shut-off due to non-payment, or
- a notice of eviction for missing a rent or mortgage payment.
If you have trouble paying bills on an ongoing basis, you may need to consider other options to lower your monthly bills or rent. You can also apply for financial help from Ontario Works.
You will be asked to log in with a Region of Peel account. If you do not have an account, follow the instructions to create one and then apply.
After You Apply
You will be contacted within 4 business days for further information and to discuss your situation.
If you are not eligible, you will receive a letter in the mail.
If you can't apply online, you can call us to complete an application over the phone at 905-793-9200 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Ontario Electricity Support Program
Lower-income residents may qualify for a reduction in your monthly electricity bills.
- Help for lower income households at the Ontario Energy Board
If you’re behind on your electricity or natural gas bill and face having your service disconnected, you may qualify for emergency financial help.
- Renting in Ontario - Know Your Rights at Ontario.ca
Read about the laws that protect you as a renter in Ontario.
- Landlord and Tenant Board at Social Justice Tribunals Ontario
Resolves disputes between residential landlords and tenants.