Volunteer in Health
Make a difference in the health of your community by becoming a volunteer in one of our health programs.
We are recruiting volunteers for Peel Regional Paramedic Services on-call community CPR and AED responders. Learn more about community responders and how to apply.
Volunteering with us gives you a chance to make a positive difference. We are grateful for your gift of time — it does not go unnoticed.
We deliver volunteer programs in Public Health, Long Term Care, Adult Day Service, Community Support Services and Paramedic Services across the Region.
- Meet new people, network, build your resume
- Gain new skills and experiences
- Increase your knowledge in Public Health and Long Term Care programs
- Complete your secondary school volunteer hours
- Help others, improve your own wellbeing
- Complete an online application
- Attend an interview and give two references
- Complete a Police Records Check
- Get a 2-step TB test (Long Term Care positions only)
View the Apply to Volunteer section for full application process.
Before you apply
Review our volunteer opportunities
Are you a secondary school student looking for your volunteer hours, or a foreign trained health care professional who wants to become familiar with our health programs — we have volunteer opportunities that may interest you.
Did you know we even have volunteer roles that are well suited for seniors and retired residents?
Take a look at our volunteers opportunities to find a program that is right for you.
Can you fit the time commitment into your busy lifestyle?
Depending on the program you choose, you will be committing to a weekly volunteer shift of 2 to 4 hours, a minimum of 40-60 hours.
If you only have a few hours to spare, we also have events and short terms volunteer positions.
Do you have the skills to interact with clients and staff?
You will need to be comfortable working with people and have strong customer service abilities. Our volunteers should be able to communicate in English, both in written and verbal forms. Knowledge of a second language may be an asset.
Is this the type of volunteer role you are looking for?
The volunteer role has certain boundaries and does not include any tasks that can only legally be performed by a healthcare professional (such as a nurse, personal support worker, physician, physiotherapists etc.)
As a volunteer you are not allowed to practice or develop your clinical or technical skills.
- We do not cover transportation costs to and from volunteer shifts.
- Student practicum or placements in Public Health are not offered through our volunteer program. .
- Staff in our volunteer program are not involved in the hiring of Region of Peel employees.
- We provide all our volunteers with a general orientation and task specific training as needed.
- You will receive a certificate of hours once you have completed your volunteer commitment with us.
- Volunteers in Long Term Care must complete the specified minimum commitment before requesting proof of hours. Check with the Volunteer Supervisor for details.
If you have any questions, email volunteer resources