Last Reviewed: April 2017
|Important signs to watch for if you are pregnant||
- Bad cramps or stomach pains that don't go away.
- Bleeding or a trickle or gush of fluid from your vagina.
- Lower back pain/pressure or change in lower back pain.
- A feeling that the baby is pushing down.
- Contractions or change in the strength or number of them.
- An increase in the amount of vaginal discharge.
- Fever, chills, dizziness, vomiting or a bad headache.
- Blurry vision or spots before your eyes.
- Sudden or severe swelling of your feet, hand or face.
- A significant change in your baby's movements.
Go to a hospital right away and contact your doctor/midwife if you have any of these symptoms!
Adapted with permission from:
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre
Healthy Start for women in need of extra support
Meet other women at this weekly program and enjoy a healthy snack while learning about pregnancy.
- Learn how to stay healthy during pregnancy
- Learn how to cope with labour and delivery
- Learn how to care for your baby
- Learn about breastfeeding
- Talk to Peel Public Health Nurses
- Find out information about your community
- Receive food vouchers and prenatal vitamins
- Receive child care for older children
No pre-registration or health card necessary. Come to the location nearest you as soon as you know you’re pregnant. Attend weekly throughout your pregnancy and until your baby is three months old.
You can expand each map by rolling your mouse over the image.
Healthy Start Fair Oaks
Fair Oaks Peel Living Building
31 Fair Oaks Pl. - Party Room
Wednesdays: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Healthy Start Chelsea Gardens
Chelsea Gardens Peel Living Building
4 Knightsbridge Rd. - Party Room
Tuesdays: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Healthy Start Castlebrooke
Castlebrooke Peel Living Building
2590 Rugby Rd. - Party Room
Tuesdays: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Saturdays: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Healthy Start Fairview
Peel Public Health Clinic Fairview
Parkways West Plaza
325 Central Pkwy. W., Unit 21
Thursdays: 9:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
Healthy Start Havenwood
Brian W. Fleming Public School
(Main Door - Turn right through OEYC doors)
3255 Havenwood Dr.
Fridays: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Healthy Start Sheridan
Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services
2225 Erin Mills Parkway, Mississauga, ON
Enter through the rear of the mall from Fowler Dr.
Monday evenings 6 to 8 pm
Healthy Start Malton
7340 Goreway Drive - Party Room
Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
These programs are made possible in partnership with Bridgeway Family Centre and thanks to generous donations from our community partners and funding from the Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program through the Public Health Agency of Canada.
For more information:
Region of Peel - Public Health
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
to speak with a Public Health Nurse
Caledon residents call free of charge at 905-584-2216