Province of Ontario Regional Government Review
The Province of Ontario is currently examining the governance, decision-making, and service delivery functions of 8 regional municipalities and their lower-tier municipalities. This includes Peel, Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
The purpose of the review is "to help ensure that these municipalities are working effectively and efficiently, and can continue to provide the vital services that communities depend on."
The province held in-person consultations to hear directly from organizations and individuals who live, work and spend time in the municipalities covered by the review.
A public consultation meeting with the provincial Advisors took place on May 8, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. in Peel Region Council Chambers.
Government of Ontario News Releases
- Ontario Invites Public Presentations on Regional Government Review - April 1, 2019
- Government Invites Feedback on Regional Government Review - March 13, 2019
- Effective and Efficient Regional Governments - January 15, 2019
- Special Advisors Appointed to Begin Regional Government Review - January 15, 2019
Financial Impact Analysis
Financial Impact Analysis reports were prepared to better understand the cost implications of various governance scenarios. Their purpose is to assist the Province in determining the most efficient and effective model of governance, assessed on a financial basis only.
- The 2019 Ernst and Young report was commissioned at the request of Council.
Ernst and Young Financial Impact Analysis (PDF)
- The 2019 Deloitte report was not commissioned at the request of Council, and is not a Regional position.
Deloitte Financial Impact Analysis (PDF)