Bolton Flooding: Help for Affected Residents

What to do following the March 15 flood.

For details on local community, social, health and government programs and services, call the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800 (toll-free at 1-888-919-7800).

Debris on your property

Leave the debris on your property until you've contacted your insurance provider. Your insurance provider will tell you what to do with debris and which documents to provide.

No shelter, food or clothing

If you have insurance, contact your insurance company to discuss options.

If you don't have insurance, call the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800 (toll-free at 1-888-919-7800). A Human Services Representative can help you with options for:

Visit our Find a Shelter page for locations and contact information for shelters in Peel.

Throwing away food after a power outage

If you don't know if a food is spoiled, don't eat it. Play it safe and put it in your green bin.

During a power outage and with the door kept closed:

Put a food item in your green bin if:


Check back for updates on the flood.

For answers to common questions, including safety concerns and access to homes, visit the Town of Caledon website.

Are you an affected resident? Contact Red Cross Ontario at 416-676-8559.