Waste collection strike is over
Regular waste collection has resumed.
The labour dispute involving one of Peel’s waste collection contractors, Emterra Environmental and its employees, is resolved. Regular waste collection services for strike-affected residents in Peel resumed on Monday, December 13, 2021.
If you live in an area affected by the strike
- Follow your regular waste collection schedule.
- If your recycling wasn’t collected during the week of December 6, do not report it.
- Recycling will be picked up on your next recycling collection day.
- Yard waste will be picked up the week of December 13 in strike-affected areas.
- Bulky items will be picked up.
Check if you are affected
Use the following map to check if you are affected.
The areas of the map shaded in red are the parts of Peel affected by the waste collection strike.
The strike did not affect waste collection in apartment and condominium buildings or other types of multi-residential units. Regular waste collection continues for multi-residential complexes.