Sort These TOP 5 Items Right!
We want all your waste disposal efforts to count.
Many residents are doing a great job of putting their waste in the right place.
We need your help to be sure that these 5 items – dishes, clothes, plastic toys, intravenous therapy (IV) tubes and bags, and diapers – end up in the right place.
Our recycling and organics processes are not set up to handle these items. When they end up in recycling or organics, we have to remove them and put them in landfill.
Items that are in good condition – like dishes, clothes and plastic toys – can be reused. It's easy. Donate them today – and get a savings coupon.
Watch this video to learn how to sort these items right:
Toss IV tubes/bags and diapers in the garbage.
These items are unsanitary. They can't be composted or recycled. Always double-bag medical waste.
Donate used dishes, plastic toys and clothes in good condition at:
- Peel Community Recycling Centre
- Diabetes Canada textile shed (clothing and textiles only) at Peel's two main administrative buildings
- Salvation Army Thrift store locations
- Evolve Clothing (accepts textiles only)
- Evolve Lifestyle
Consider donating other used textiles, such as towels, linens and blankets, backpacks, purses and shoes.
Watch for a card in your mailbox to save – just for donating!
Show your card with your donated items to:
- Get $10 off any purchase of $25 or more at a participating Salvation Army Thrift Store in Peel anytime.
- Get a 10% shopping discount at the Evolve Clothing and Lifestyle location. Offer expires December 31, 2018.