Long Term Care
Through our five Long Term Care centres, we provide quality, person-centered services and supports allowing residents to enhance their quality of life, including specialized supports for those with complex care needs.
Residents in our Long Term Care (LTC) homes receive care to enhance their quality of life.
2018 performance and trending data
- Meeting target
We are meeting or exceeding the established target.
- Needs improvement
We are not hitting the established target.
We don’t have full influence or control over the metric; we are collecting new data or monitoring data to set a target.
Source: Resident satisfaction survey (2017, 2018).
In 2018, four out of five LTC homes had results above the target. One of the LTC homes had results that were lower than our target, which impacted the overall results.
Based on resident and family feedback, several initiatives are planned for 2019:
- Improve food quality through a variety of menu choices including offering more culturally and ethnically diverse food options.
- Further support the involvement of residents in decisions about their care.
- Expand the Butterfly Model of Care to improve access to activities that meet the interests of residents and promote meaningful occupation throughout their day.
- Introduce more proactive approaches to addressing resident and family needs and concerns.
- Encourage families to personalize their loved one's room at the time of admission and on an ongoing basis based on the resident preference.