Executive Office and Leadership Team
The Regional Chair (the Chair) is the political head of Peel Region and the Chief Executive Officer of the Regional Corporation.
The 24 members of Regional Council elect the Chair to preside over Council meetings and ensure its decisions are implemented.
The Chair also represents Peel Region in dealings with other levels of government and liaises with Regional employees through the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
Nando Iannicca is the Regional Chair for the 2022-2026 term.
Chief Administrative Officer
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is the most senior staff position in the organization.
Reporting to the Regional Chair and Regional Council, the CAO is responsible for the co-ordination of administrative and service functions within the organization and for the overall management of the Regional Corporation.
The CAO is also responsible for:
- Policy development.
- A policy’s implementation and administration once it’s been approved by Regional Council.
- Administering the Peel Region’s capital and operating budgets
- Evaluating all Peel Region programs.
Gary Kent is Peel Region’s Chief Administrative Officer.
Region of Peel - Office of the CAO
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A 5th Floor, Room 504
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
905-791-7800, ext. 4311
Executive Administrative Assistant
Cassandra Rutland, ext. 7670
Executive Leadership Team
The Executive Leadership Team (ELT):
- Works together to implement Council's Strategic Plan and Term of Council priorities.
- Ensures desired outcomes are achieved.
- Sets and monitors priorities.
- Makes strategic and operational decisions that impact the entire organization.
Phone number: 905-791-7800