Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Peel moves to Grey-Lockdown level

Learn about the new measures and restrictions in place and how to continue to access Regional services.


Additional Information for Development Applications

Letter of Credit

A Letter of Credit is required for all development projects on Regional roads. The Letter of Credit is based on the total approved cost of the project within the Region's right of way.

The Letter of Credit will be released once the work has been inspected and approved by the Region of Peel. 10% of the Letter of Credit will be held for a maintenance period of one additional year.

Letter of Undertaking

A Letter of Undertaking is a legal document that ensures all works completed within the Region's rights of way are finished to our satisfaction. All development projects on Regional roads will require this document to be signed by an appointed authorized binding officer of the corporation.

Part of the Letter of Undertaking includes a detailed cost estimate. Once the cost estimate is approved, the Region of Peel will require a Letter of Credit in the amount of the cost estimate plus HST for road works constructed within the Region's right of way.

In addition, a 7% Engineering and Inspection Fee based on 100% of the cost estimate will be required.

Notice to Commence Work

Contractors must supply a Notice to Commence Work to the Region of Peel 48 hours in advance of the commencement of any work on a Regional Road. Please deliver the form to:

Region of Peel
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON L6S 4J3

Site Plan Review/Development Applications/Engineering & Inspection Fees

All works completed within the Region's rights of way must be finished to our satisfaction. As such, the Region requires a cost estimate of the works to be performed, for which the Region also requires associated engineering and inspection fees.

Access/Servicing Compliance Letters

A Road Occupancy Permit is required for works (access, road or otherwise) taking place within the Region's right-of-way. This permit also applies for temporary accesses to Regional Roads.

Return to Development Applications