Watermain system improvements
Watermain construction on Indian Road at Temagami Crescent. Project 13-1347 H1
What are we doing?
- Constructing a short section of new watermain on Indian Road at Temagami Crescent as shown on the map.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability in the Region of Peel.
- We expect to start work the week of July 26, 2021.
- The work should be completed in approximately 3 weeks (weather dependent).
- We will start restorations when all watermains and connections are complete and as weather permits.
Representatives from the Region of Peel and GM BluePlan Engineering will be going door to door from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 22, 2021 to answer any questions you may have about upcoming construction.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nicole Sartor||Project Manager||(905) 791-7800 x 7832|
|Avalon Myers||Project Ambassador||(416) 457-3889|
|Brandon Vandermeer||Inspector||(647) 824-9821|
|Bob Clarke||Contractor||(416) 745-0707|
|Yvonne Post||Contract Administrator (GM BluePlan Engineering)||(519) 824-8150|
|Phemelo Mpoloka||Site Inspector (GM BluePlan Engineering)||(226) 332-1875|
- Our Contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Indian Road will have flag persons to direct traffic around the work area.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the Contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The Contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the Contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- We will replace any damaged sod as soon as we can.
- Our contractor will take care of the new sod for the first 30 days after it’s laid down. After that, you can help the sod stay healthy by watering it early in the morning two or three (2-3) times a week, especially in hot weather.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit after construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road, sidewalk and boulevard once all watermain work and connections are complete and as weather permits.
Questions or concerns?
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the Project Manager, Ambassador, or Inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
Construction statement regarding COVID-19
Construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with provincial regulations, physical distancing, using PPE and adjusting work schedules & shifts.