Watermain replacement and improvement
South Sheridan Way from Tridom Court to Indian Grove, Indian Grove from South Sheridan Way to Indian Road, and Indian Road at Indian Grove. Project 13-1347 H1
- The second half of the new local supply watermain on Indian Grove has now been installed and will be connected on Thursday, June 3. Properties from 1456 to 1610 Indian Grove, 810 to 822 Tridom Court, and 780 South Sheridan Way will now have their individual water lines transferred from the old watermain to the new watermain.
- A new water service line will be brought up to the property line where a new water service box will also be installed. Where possible, your water line will be brought up to the property line using trenchless methods. However, the area around the water service box will be excavated.
- We expect to start work on Thursday, June 3, 2021 starting on Indian Grove and working north.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
- The project should be completed by the end of 2021, with some restorations in Spring 2022. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nicole Sartor||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7832|
|Avalon Myers||Project Ambassador||905-791-7800, ext. 5053|
Contractor will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Bob Clarke||Project Manager||416-745-0707|
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we plan to shut off your water for an extended period (several hours). Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- On the day we connect your water service to the new watermain, the contractor will let you know that your water will be shut off for a brief period. This will ensure proper notification for short duration works.
- If we must shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Project construction impacts
- Water service installations may impact your driveway and landscaping, depending on the location of your water service valve. We will repair the driveway in the disturbed area.
- If you have a stamped concrete driveway, we recommend contacting the original driveway contractor to restore the driveway at the end of construction, to be reimbursed by the Region. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- We will do our best to reduce impacts to landscape features and to restore the area to match existing conditions at the end of the construction. However, you may wish to transplant or relocate any plantings or landscape items around your service box prior to the Contractor’s work.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch. The Contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the Contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the Ambassador, Project Manager or Inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.