Watermain system improvements
Update on construction in your area – South Sheridan Way, Indian Grove and Indian Road. Project 13-1347 H1
The Region of Peel is replacing aging watermain on Indian Grove as part of maintenance program. The current watermain was installed in the 1950s and is at the end of its lifespan. A larger watermain that provides water to the Lorne Park area will also be installed along with the smaller (local) watermain on Indian Grove. The local watermain is on one side of the street with the larger watermain to follow on the opposite side of the street.
- The local watermain has been installed on Indian Road and on Indian Grove from the south end to approximately 1414 Indian Grove. All residents north of this location, please access your properties from South Sheridan Way.
In the next two weeks
- The contractor will continue to install the local watermain along Indian Grove. They anticipate reaching 1498 Indian Grove in the next two weeks.
- The contractor will also pressure test and bring into service the first half of the local watermain from Indian Road to 1450 Indian Grove. When this is happening, you may see a small amount of water flowing from the new watermain.
- We are on schedule to be completed most of the work (including all digging) by the end of 2021. Some restoration work (i.e. sod and landscaping) may need to be completed in Spring 2022.
Reducing the impact of construction
- We have put in a road closure during construction. Residents will be allowed to access their properties, but no through traffic will be allowed.
- We may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. Pedestrian access will always be maintained.
- We may need to temporarily shut off your water when connecting to the new watermain. It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to do this. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours. We will do our best to notify you.
- If we must shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- We will let you know if there are any significant project changes.
In-ground sprinkler systems
- We recommend that you remove your sprinkler lines within 3 metres of the curb to avoid damage.
- Please email us if you would like to discuss your underground irrigation or sprinkler system outside your property line.
Did you know?
- Before a new watermain is connected to the Region of Peel’s system, it undergoes testing. It is tested to ensure it can withhold pressure and to ensure it is clean and drinkable.