Watermain system improvements
South Sheridan Way, Indian Grove and Indian Road. Project 13-1347 H1
What are we doing?
- The Region of Peel has begun work to replace a large watermain, water services and fire hydrants along Indian Grove because the current infrastructure is old and requires replacement. At the same time a new smaller size watermain is also being installed to improve the water supply in the area.
- Construction began the week of April 5 and will continue until late 2021 with some restoration (i.e. sod and landscaping) completed in Spring 2022. The Contractor is currently installing the smaller watermain on the west side of Indian Grove, working north up the street.
- A temporary sidewalk has been constructed along the east side of Indian Grove as the construction will impact the existing sidewalk. The existing sidewalk will be restored, and the temporary sidewalk removed once work on the east side of the road is complete.
- Indian Grove is closed with access allowed only for residents who live on the street. No through traffic will be allowed. The construction on Indian Grove is starting at the south end so it is recommended that residents access their properties from the north end of the street. Residents whose driveways need to be blocked for a short time will be contacted. If immediate access is required, the Region’s contractor will have road plates available to allow residents in and out of their driveway.
- A future road closure will be required on South Sheridan Way. Area residents will be notified in advance of the closure.
- While the Region is working to minimize the impacts of construction, residents should expect traffic disruptions, road closures, lane closures and reduced on-street parking while the watermain construction work progresses. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. Once the work has been completed any disturbed areas will be restored.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Sprinkler systems have been pulled back from the curb to make room for the temporary sidewalk and for construction of the watermains. Sprinkler systems will be repaired at the end of the project. If you would like to discuss your sprinkler system, please contact the Region using the contact information below.
Who can you call?
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Project Ambassador Avalon Myers at 416-457-3889 or by email at Avalon Myers.
Sign up for email notices to stay informed:
If you would like to receive timely project updates right to your inbox please go to peelregion.ca/construction and click on “Sign up for Email Notices”. Updates will be provided as the work progresses.