King Street (Regional Road 9) storm sewer
Replacement and road improvements west of Hurontario Street. Project 19-4020
What we are doing
- The Region of Peel will be carrying out storm sewer replacement and road rehabilitation to improve road and boulevard drainage. The work includes:
- Removal and replacement of catch basin structures including frames and grates;
- Removal and replacement of existing storm sewer pipes;
- Removal and replacement of a culvert, asphalt splash pads, and concrete curb and gutter; and
- Road resurfacing, base repairs, pavement markings, restoration, and minor related works.
- King Street, between Hurontario Street and Sloan Drive. View attached map (PDF).
- Start: June 2019, weather permitting.
- Finish: June 2020, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Graham Bros. Construction Limited
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Ric Donnely||Site Supervisor||416-428-9358|
|Joe Ierullo||Region of Peel Inspector||905-965-6096|
|Region of Peel|
|Jerry Kulyk||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7429|
|Christopher Mercieca||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 Ext. 3246|
- The Contractor’s normal daily working hours are 7:00a.m. to 7:00p.m, Monday to Friday.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if required, from 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- The works will be phased to minimize disruption to traffic while still maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, lane shifts or temporary lane closures will be required over the duration of the project.
- Ontario Provincial Police will be present during major operations and when working near the intersections to direct traffic.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- For some of the works, closure of driveway accesses for a short time may be required.
- If we need to block your driveway/access for a short time, you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access and/or parking nearby.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have any special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.