Highway 50 phase 2 road improvements
300m South of Old Church Road to 300m South of Highway 9. Project 18-4155/18-4645
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until January 2022.
What we are doing
Improving Highway 50 in Palgrave Village, including road resurfacing, bridge rehabilitations, drainage and boulevard improvements, providing on-street parking, decorative street lighting, streetscaping enhancements and landscaping. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Temporary road staging;
- Replacement of existing storm sewer and roadway/driveway culverts;
- Excavation and grading;
- Full depth asphalt removal;
- Hot mix asphalt paving, including wider paved shoulders in rural areas;
- Improved pavement markings;
- Traffic calming measures;
- Placement of new curbs and sidewalks;
- Decorative coloured pattern concrete splash pads;
- Architectural street lighting;
- New traffic signals at Highway 50 and Patterson Side Road/Gibson Lake Drive;
- Rehabilitation of four structures;
- Improvements to guide rails;
- Residential driveway repairs within the Regional right-of-way;
- Public Notice (PDF)
- Highway 50 from 300m South of Old Church Road to 300m South of Highway 9. View area map (PDF)
- Start: May 7, 2018
- Finish: December 2019, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Fermar Paving Limited
Under contract to the Region of Peel.
|Mubashar Tahir||Project Manager||647-462-5876|
|Joe Medaglia||Site Supervisor||289-879-1782|
|Region of Peel|
|Serguei Kabanov||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 8754|
|Marc Vaccari||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
- Outside Palgrave Village, the Contractor's normal day working hours, are from 7:00a.m. to 6:00p.m, from Monday to Friday.
- Within Palgrave Village, the Contractor's normal day working hours are from 9:00a.m. to 3:30p.m, from Monday to Friday.
- Some work, outside Palgrave Village, may occur overnight, from 8:00p.m. to 6:00a.m, from Monday to Friday.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 6:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Temporary lane closures will be required for the duration of the Contract.
- All intersections will remain open but temporary lanes closures will be necessary.
- Ontario Provincial Police will be present during major milling and paving operations and when working near the intersections to direct traffic.
- Emergency services will be notified of the road closure.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway accesses will be maintained.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.
- All businesses in Palgrave Village will be open.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.