Watermain and sanitary sewer construction
Dixie Road from Mayfield Road to 1.5KM North.
Projects 11-2101, 12-1183 and 13-1392
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2021.
- Sanitary Sewer Construction: By-law Exemption Extension May 2019 to December 2019 (PDF)
- Sanitary Sewer Construction: By-law Exemption Extension to March 2019 (PDF)
- Watermain Interconnection Dixie Mayfield December 7-8 (PDF)
- Sanitary Sewer Construction: September 2018 (PDF)
What we are doing
The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Installation of approx. 820 linear meters of 400mm watermain by open cut methods;
- Installation of approx. 829 linear metres of 600mm sanitary sewer by trenchless methods
- Construction of temporary walkway from Countryside Drive to Mayfield Road
- Connection to existing infrastructure and commission watermain and all sanitary sewers, associated equipment, including valves, etc.
- Restoration of roads, curbs, grassed areas, etc.
- minor related works.
- Dixie Road from north of Mayfield Road to approx. 1.5km north
- Dixie Road from Countryside Drive to Mayfield Road construction of temporary walkway
- View area map (PDF)
- Start: On or about February 21, 2018
- Finish: October 2019, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Barry Mulcahy||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7914|
|Mirgjen Arkaxhiu||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
|Technicore Underground Inc.
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Nik Marinov||Project Manager||905-505-1792|
|Joe Aprile||Site Superintendent||905-955-0946|
- The Contractor’s working hours are from 7:00AM to 7:00PM, Monday to Friday. The Contractor is permitted to work on Saturdays if they choose to.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Note the contractor has applied to the Town of Caledon for an exemption to the noise bylaw for the tunneling works; should an exemption be granted it would apply strictly to the tunnelling works only.
- The works will be phased so as to minimize disruption to traffic while still maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, temporary lane closures will be required over the duration of the project. Flag persons will assist motorists through the work area.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway access will be maintained in so far as possible.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any special needs.