Rehabilitation of Queen Street East from 410 North to 350M East of West Drive
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until September 2022.
Where the work is happening
On Queen Street East from Highway 410 North to 350m East of West Drive/Laurelcrest Street, City of Brampton. Resident sketch.
What we are doing
The work includes:
- Removal and replacement of asphalt pavement;
- Removal and replacement of curbs and gutters, splash pad, and sidewalk;
- Adjustment of catch basins and maintenance holes;
- Restoration; and Minor related works
Construction Start: May 2020 - Finish: August 2020 (weather permitting)
- Viola Alliance has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf. Hours of operation are from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday evening to Saturday morning, and work may also be done on Saturdays.
- The Contractor’s normal night working hours are from 8:00p.m. to 6: 00a.m, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all major works, including milling and paving.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- These hours follow the city’s by-laws. Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public; however, it will help facilitate completion of the project as quickly as possible.
- The project will be phased to minimize traffic disruption while maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, due to the nature of the work, we will need to reduce traffic lanes to a single lane (each direction) and temporarily block intersections during construction.
- Emergency access will always be maintained.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
- We will maintain driveway access as much as possible and if we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- Please call the project manager if you have any special needs.
Who you can call
Region of Peel Project Manager
905-791-7800 ext. 7862
Construction project updates can be found at peelregion.ca/construction.
Follow Peel Public Works on Twitter for service updates and changes.
This notice was first issued on April 27, 2020