Watermain replacement and improvement
Mansion Street, Montjoy Crescent, Juniper Crescent and Jackson Road. Project 18-1340 Assignment F
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2021.
- July 29 to August 6: Asphalt Restoration on Mansion Street from Maitland Street to Dixie Road (PDF)
- June 2019: Restoration along Mansion Street (PDF)
- Restoration Update May 16, 2019: Restoration on Jackson Road and Juniper Crescent (PDF)
- May 16, 2019: Commissioning Watermains on Montjoy Crescent (PDF)
- April 11, 2019: Connection Update along Mansion Street (PDF)
- March 06, 2019: Watermain Replacement on Montjoy Crescent (PDF)
- February 28, 2019: Constructions and Road Restrictions Mansion St and Dixie Road (PDF)
- January 18, 2019: Connection Update along Juniper Crescent and Jackson Road (PDF)
- Project Update Dec 2018: Mansion St, Montjoy Cres, Jackson Rd and Juniper Rd (PDF)
- Construction Update and Road Restriction: Jackson Rd and Bramalea Rd – December 3rd to 5th (PDF)
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Mansion Street, Montjoy Crescent, Jackson Road and Juniper Road. View area map (PDF).
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about the week of September 24th, 2018, starting on Jackson Road and Juniper Crescent.
- The project should be completed before July 2019. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Melvin Gonzalez||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 5042|
|Tom Graovac||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Vic's Group Inc.
Vic's Group Inc. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Sam Sritharan||Project Coordinator||416-335-9977|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor's responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway on Mansion Street, Montjoy Crescent and Jackson Road. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- On Juniper Crescent, impacted areas of your driveway will be temporarily restored under this contract. The permanent restoration of your driveway will occur during the City's anticipated resurfacing works. The City of Brampton has resurfacing roadworks scheduled in upcoming years. You are encouraged to wait until the resurfacing roadworks are completed prior to commencing any significant landscaping or driveway replacement. For further information on timing, please contact the City of Brampton at 311.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- As part of the City of Brampton's Road Resurfacing Program, the City of Brampton has intentions to resurface Juniper Crescent upon the expiry of the Region's warranty period. Therefore, the contractor will pave only the trench they dug with temporary asphalt and install temporary curbs.
- The City's work is anticipated in 2020/2021 and subject to Council approval and budget.
- All other streets, Mansion Street, Montjoy Crescent and Jackson Road will be permanently restored under this contract
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
- After we've finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.