Removal and replacement of Corrugated Steel Pipe (CSP) Culvert
Highway 50, Between Steeles Avenue East and the Gore Road. Project 03-4232/17-4665
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until April 12, 2021.
What we are doing
- The Region of Peel will be carrying out a culvert replacement project on Highway 50, between Steeles Avenue East and The Gore Road. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Mobilization and demobilization to site:
- Temporary road staging: lane closures and diversions;
- Environmental measures:
- Removal of asphalt;
- Removal of old CSP culvert;
- Installation of High-Density Polyethylene Pipe (HDPE) culvert;
- Granular backfill;
- Final restoration of the roadway with HDBC for base (binder) and HL1 surface asphalts; and,
- Minor related works.
- Highway 50 between Steeles Avenue East and The Gore Road. View area map (PDF).
- Start: August 1, 2018
- Finish: September 1, 2018, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Numbers|
|Serguei Kabanov||Project Manager||(905) 791-7800 x8754|
|Sajmir Zesllari||Site Inspector||(905) 791-7800 x3246|
|D. Crupi & Sons Limited
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Michael Doherty||Project Manager||416-990-6825|
|Gino Carpino||Site Supervisor||416-936-6060|
- The Contractor’s normal day working hours, are from 9:00a.m. to 3:30p.m, from Monday to Friday.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day/night would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- The works will be staged to minimize disruption to traffic and businesses.
- Temporary lane closures will be required during non-peak hours.
- Emergency services will be notified of the works.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway accesses will be maintained.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access.
- All businesses will be open.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.