Various streets in Brampton, Ward 1
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until November 2020.
- Permanent Road Restoration Sanitary Sewer Construction (PDF)
The Region of Peel will be working in your neighborhood to improve the existing wastewater services. View area map (PDF). This work is a part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair Program to upgrade the existing sewer systems capacity and reliability.
The work will take place on the following streets:
- Church Street from Beech Street to Kennedy Road North
- Binsell Avenue from McCaul Street to Binsell Avenue
- McCaul Street from south of Beech Street to Kennedy Road North
- June Avenue from Church Street to Queen Street East
- Charles Street from June Avenue to Kennedy Road North
The Region of Peel's contractor, Gio Contracting Inc. and WHS Consulting Firm, will be completing photographic pre-construction surveys to record the exterior/interior condition of existing buildings and structures, environmental features and road surface conditions within, and along the sanitary sewer alignment. A representative from WHS will knock on your door prior to doing any survey of your property. There is no cost to you for the survey, and you are not obligated to have it completed, however we do recommend it. Pre-construction surveys are standard construction practice. This work will take place over the next couple of weeks, weather permitting.
Reducing the impact of construction
- The work will be phased to minimize traffic disruption in the area
- Regular working hours will be between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday to Friday
- We will let you know if there are any substantial changes to the project
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
Project construction is expected to start in mid-July on Church Street and be substantially completed by the end of August 2017. Final restoration work will follow immediately and be completed within four to six weeks weather permitting.
The Region encourages you to notify us if you have special requirements, or if you have any comments or concerns please contact:
905-791-7800, ext. 7815