Sanitary sewer replacement
Various streets in Brampton. Project 16–2300–F
The Region of Peel will be working in your neighborhood to improve the existing water and wastewater services in the area. View area map (PDF). Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. Sanitary sewer pipes take wastewater from homes or businesses to a treatment plant.
The work will take place on the following streets:
- Aintree Crescent from Appleby Drive to Algonquin Boulevard
- Alton Court from Aintree Crescent to the End of Cul-De-Sac
- Ashwood Crescent from Autumn Boulevard to Autumn Boulevard
- Basildon Crescent from East of Brookland Drive to Basildon Crescent
- Bishop Court from Basildon Crescent to the End of Cul-De-Sac
The Region of Peel's contractor, Gio Contracting Inc. and WHS Consulting Firm, will be completing photographic pre-construction surveys to record the exterior/interior condition of existing buildings and structures, environmental features, and road surface conditions along the sanitary sewer alignment.
A representative from WHS will knock on your door prior to doing any survey of your property. There is no cost to you for the survey, and you are not obligated to have it completed, however we do recommend it. The survey protects you, the Region of Peel and the contractor working on behalf of the Region in the unlikely event of a claim due to construction. This survey is common practice on most construction projects and will take place over the next couple of weeks, weather permitting.
Reducing the impact of construction
- The work will be phased to minimize traffic disruption in the area
- Regular working hours will be between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday to Friday
- We will let you know if there are any substantial changes to the project
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
Project construction is expected to start on Basildon Crescent in November and be substantially completed by the end of June 2018. Final restoration work will follow immediately and be completed within four to six weeks weather permitting.
The Region encourages you to notify us if you have special requirements, or if you have any comments or concerns. Please contact:
905-791-7800, ext. 7815