Watermain connection improvements
at The Gore Road and Castlemore Road. Project 15-1375F.
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving two existing watermain connections at the intersection of The Gore Road and Castlemore Road, and abandoning an old watermain on The Gore Road north of Castlemore Road.
- To upgrade and improve the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- Weather permitting, we expect to start work on or about May 1, 2017.
- The project should be completed before July 1, 2017. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Scott Durdle||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 5052|
|Harry Flynn||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
Varcon Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Luis Buitrago||Project Manager||416-717-5686|
|Danny Jennings||General Site Superintendent||416-678-6571|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- We will need to reduce westbound and northbound traffic to a single lane during construction for durations of approximately two weeks.
- Advance signs will be erected prior to lane reductions taking place.
- Temporary restoration of the road will ensure all lanes are reopened as early as possible once each work area is completed.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (two days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road once all replacements and connections are complete and as weather permits.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.