Watermain replacement and improvements
Steeles Avenue West from Hurontario Street to just West of Lancashire Lane. Project 14-1375 I
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Steeles Avenue from Hurontario Street to just West of Lancashire Lane as shown on the attached map (PDF).
- Replacing the water services to the property line.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about April 26, 2019. The project should be completed before July 26, 2019.
- All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Melvin Gonzalez||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 5042|
|Fidel Sannella||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Sam Rabito Construction
Sam Rabito Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Corey Luciano||Project Manager||905-642-5356|
|Sam Rabito||Site Superintendent||905-642-5356|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. However, given the complexity of the project, portions of the work will need to be completed overnight and during the weekends.
- We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but we will make every attempt to expedite the work.
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction. However, two lanes will open at the end of each working day.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
Brampton Transit and Gateway Bus Terminal
- Bus service in and out of the Brampton Transit Gateway Bus Terminal may be impacted during construction activities due to lane closures, construction activities etc. Passengers should expect delays.
- Passengers can expect bus stop locations to be temporarily relocated during construction. You will be notified in advance of this change. Brampton Transit personnel will be on-site during these relocations to assist you with finding your bus stop.
- Buses may use Lancashire Lane to detour around the construction zone to access the bus terminal.
- When construction activities are taking place adjacent to the bus bays on Steeles Avenue, fencing will be placed along the Steeles Avenue platform to provide safety and separate the construction from the public.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses always have access.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or questions.
How did we do
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.