Winston Churchill Boulevard improvements
Norval 10 Sideroad to North Of Noble Street. Project 06-4015
The purpose of this Project is to improve traffic flow, reduce congestion and renew aging infrastructure. Once the project is complete, the community of Norval will see some noticeable improvements.
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until November, 2021
- Road closure effective from July to August, 2018. Due to road and water infrastructure works to be completed, Winston Churchill Boulevard will be closed from Guelph Street to Old Pine Crest Road with access to local traffic only. View area map (PDF). Winston Churchill Boulevard south of Guelph Street to 10 Sideroad will be open by June 30, 2018.
What we are doing
- Intersection improvements at Guelph Street and Winston Churchill Boulevard (Adamson Street)
- Pavement Rehabilitation
- New concrete curb gutter and sidewalks through Norval
- Watermain replacement
- Streetscaping Features including:
- Decorative street lights
- Streetprint crosswalks for improved pedestrian safety
- Parking Lay–by along the west side of Adamson Street across from the St. Paul's Anglican Church Parish Hall
- Winston Churchill Boulevard: 10 Sideroad to North of Noble Street
- Start: October 16, 2017
- Finish: November 2019, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Halton Region Liaison|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Martin Larkin||Project Manager||905–825–6000 Ext. 7614|
|Region of Peel|
|Ommar Moeen||Project Manager||905–791–7800 Ext. 7998|
|Contractor Personnel – Graham Bros. Construction Limited|
|Kevin Hutchinson||Project Manager||416–346–6843|
|Derek Sweeney||Site Supervisor||905–965–0149|
|Contractor Personnel – Triton Engineering Services Limited|
|Howard Wray||Project Manager||519–941–0330|
- The working hours are consistent with the local municipality's noise bylaws.
- The Contractor's regular working hours are 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Some activities at the Guelph Street / Adamson Street intersection will be scheduled at night to reduce traffic disruptions.
- Winston Churchill Boulevard will be restricted to local traffic only.
- A road detour will be established; Detour map (PDF).
- Halton Regional Police will be present during lane closures at signalized intersections to direct traffic safely.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We will make sure businesses have access to the extent possible and alternative access locations will be clearly signed.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the project manager if you have any special requests