Winston Churchill Boulevard (Adamson Street)
Rehabilitation through Norval. Project 06-4015
Phase 1 of the project is under warranty until September 2021.
What we are doing and where
Rehabilitating Winston Churchill Boulevard, from south of 10 Sideroad to the Credit River Bridge, through Norval. View area map (PDF).
Region of Peel involvement
Winston Churchill Boulevard serves as municipal boundary road between the Region of Peel and Halton Region. As a boundary road, the Region of Peel and Halton Region share jurisdiction, and responsibility for this stretch of roadway. The Region of Peel has taken the lead for the design and construction of the rehabilitation works.
Why the road is being rehabilitated
The need for rehabilitation of this roadway was identified in previous Road Needs Studies. Further, several factors indicate that improvements are required on Winston Churchill Boulevard, through Norval, such as:
- Road pavement structure – the roadway is in poor condition and is in need of reconstruction.
- Traffic demand – current traffic congestion problems indicate a need for intersection improvements
- Safety Issues – correct safety deficiencies identified by Road Safety Audits.
The design team has incorporated design elements of the Norval Secondary Plan into the proposed design, to the extent possible, given the road right of way constraints. The proposed road rehabilitation works includes:
- Intersection improvements at Guelph Street (Hwy. 107) and Winston Churchill Boulevard/Adamson Street, to meet traffic demand pressures at this intersection,
- Reconstruction of the road including new pavement, new curb and gutter and new sidewalks through Norval,
- Streetscaping features, including decorative street lights, and decorative streetprint crosswalks,
- A parking lay-by on the west side of Adamson Street, across from the St. Paul’s Anglican Church Parish hall, for overflow parking during community events held at the Parish Hall.
The design drawings are available via the following link:
Conceptual drawings that illustrate what the streetscaping features will look like are available via the following link:
- Winston Churchill Boulevard (Adamson Street) Rehabilitation through Norval - Conceptual Portrayal of Proposed Improvements at Guelph Street (Hwy. 7) and Adamson Street (PDF)
- Winston Churchill Boulevard (Adamson Street) Rehabilitation through Norval - Conceptual Portrayal of Proposed Improvements at Green Street and Adamson Street (PDF)
- Start: Summer 2017, Finish: Phase 1: November 2019, Phase 2: 2022.
Who you can call
Project Manager, Roads – Design and Construction
Transportation, Public Works
Region of Peel
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B – 4th Floor
Brampton, ON, L6T 4B9
Tel: 905-791-7800 ext. 7998
Email: Ommar Moeen
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Project Update, April 2017