Highway 50 and Mayfield Road resurfacing
300m North and South, 50m East and West of Highway 50 and Mayfield Intersection
City of Brampton, Town of Caledon, and City of Vaughan. Project 03-4232
What we are doing
- The Region of Peel will be carrying out the resurfacing of Highway 50 and Mayfield Road intersection to improve asphalt performance. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Temporary road staging;
- Removal and replacement of curbs;
- Repairs and adjustments to storm sewer structures;
- Asphalt milling;
- Hot mix asphalt paving;
- Placement of new pavement markings;
- Restoration, and
- Minor related works.
- Intersection of Highway 50 and Mayfield Road, from 300m North and South, 50m West and East. View area map (PDF).
- Start: October 15, 2018, weather permitting
- Finish: November 16, 2018, weather permitting
Who you can call
|D. Crupi & Sons Limited
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Michael Doherty||Project Manager||416-990-6825|
|Gino Carpino||Site Supervisor||416-936-6060|
|Region of Peel|
|Serguei Kabanov||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 8754|
|Sajmir Zesllari||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
- The Contractor’s normal day working hours, are from 9:00a.m. to 3:30p.m, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all minor works.
- The Contractor’s normal night working hours, are from 8:00p.m. to 6:00a.m, from Monday to Friday. The Contractor will utilize this time to complete all major works, including milling and paving.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 6:00a.m. to 9:00p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day/night would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- All intersections will remain open but temporary lanes closures will be necessary.
- Peel Regional Police and Ontario Provincial Police will be present during all milling and paving operations and when working near the intersections to direct traffic.
- Emergency services will be notified of the works.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway accesses will be maintained.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access.
- All businesses will be open.
- Please call Region of Peel’s Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.