Development Services supports land-use planning, growth management, and development in Peel Region.
New planning application fees
New planning application fees will be fully implemented in 2022.
- All fee changes listed are applicable when received as a standalone application.
- All payments payable to the Region of Peel must be submitted as an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or wire transfer.
Fee changes effective January 1, 2022
A 100% increase to existing fees and a 100% implementation of new fee categories went into affect on January 1, 2022. Get details about the fee changes.
Our responsibilities include:
- Providing Regional direction and comments on development applications submitted under the Planning Act.
- Ensuring that Provincial planning regulations and Regional interests are protected through the implementation of the Regional Official Plan.
- Reviewing related engineering submissions and approves water and wastewater connections to Regional services.
- Reviewing storm water management for developments next to Regional roads.
- Implement Provincial and Regional policies that guide growth and manage the use of land within Peel.
- Work with the City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, and Town of Caledon, as well as private land owners and the development industry.
- Prepare Regional positions on all new development and redevelopment proposals in the City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, and Town of Caledon.
- Review water and sanitary sewer system expansions.
- Respond to non-portable ground water requests.
- Process connection requests to Peel's water and wastewater system, storm sewer collection system, and expansion on Regional roads to service new development.
- Review and provide feedback on Environmental Assessments.
- Work with the Street Names Committee to name new streets.
Peel Region’s Development Services Division has 2 sections: Development Services Planning and Development Services Engineering.
Development Services Planning
Development Services Planning coordinates and develops the Region's Planning position on development applications in the Cities of Mississauga and Brampton, and The Town of Caledon.
Regional Planners review development applications such as:
- Regional Official Plan Amendments
- Local Official Plans and Amendments
- Zoning By-Law Amendments
- Secondary Plans, Tertiary Plans, and Block Plans
- Subdivision Draft Plans
- Condominium Draft Plans
- Site Plan Applications
- Minor Variance Applications
- Consent Applications
- Niagara Escarpment Development Permit Applications
- Oak Ridges Moraine Site Plan Applications
Development Services Engineering
Development Services Engineering manages and provides engineering services for the planning and approval of proposed new infrastructure for key facilities and systems in an area.
Development Services Engineering also ensures that the construction of new infrastructure in Peel by the development industry:
- Meets the growing needs of Peel’s residents and businesses.
- Is in line with Peel Master Servicing Plans.
To contact Development Services, email us or call 905-791-7800 ext. 4347.
On January 1, 2022, all fee changes are into effect for these application types:
- Regional Official Plan Amendment increased to $22,000 from $21,050.
- Zoning By-law Amendment increased to $4,700 from $2,350.
- Draft Plan of Condominium increased to $3,700 from $3,350.
- Consent increased to $1,400 from $700.
- Agreement Review and Execution increased to $2,200 from $2,100.
- Full Site Plan prior to agreement now requires a fee of $3,100.
- Scoped Site Plan prior to agreement now requires a fee of $1,700.
On July 1, 2021, a 50% increase to existing fees and a 50% implementation of new fee categories went into effect for these application types.
- Regional Official Plan Amendment increased to $21,050 from $20,000.
- Draft Plan of Condominium increased to $3,350 from $3,000.
- Agreement Review and Execution increased to $2,100 from $2,000.
Site Plan fees
The Site Plan now consists of 3 distinct categories with refined application criteria and an applicable fee for each category.
The fee changes replace the interim site plan review fees of $1,000 for major applications and $500 for minor applications that were introduced in 2020.
Full Site Plan (prior to agreement)
A Full Site Plan prior to agreement now requires a fee of $2,050.
This applies to:
- Any new non-residential development or expansion that is greater than 500 m2.
- Multi-residential built forms (for example, townhouses, stacked houses, or apartments).
- 2 or more residential units (for example, townhouses, stacked houses, apartments, and single or semi-detached dwellings).
Scoped Site Plan (prior to agreement)
A Scoped Site Plan prior to agreement now requires a fee of $1,100.
This applies to any new non-residential development or expansion that is less than 500 m2.
Limited Site Plan
A Limited Site Plan has no fee.
This applies to:
- Site alterations.
- Single or semi-detached dwellings.
- Telecommunication towers.
- The Oak Ridge Moraine.
- Consent now requires a $700 fee.
- Zoning By-law Amendment now requires a $2,350 fee.
Fee changes for the following application types went into effect on February 11, 2021:
- Local Official Plan Amendment (LOPA-Principal Plan) decreased from $12,000 to $9,000.
- The privately initiated Local Official Plan Amendment (LOPA-Secondary Plan/Local/Area Plan) was implemented as a subcategory of a LOPA for a fee of $7,400.