Effective January 1, 2020, a new site plan review fee (PDF) of $1000 for major applications and $500 for minor applications will be introduced by the Region of Peel. This new fee will assist in addressing the growing administrative costs associated with the review of site plan applications.
Development Services supports land-use planning, growth management and development in Peel Region. We provide Regional direction and comments on development applications submitted under the Planning Act and are responsible for ensuring that Provincial planning regulations and Regional interests are protected through the implementation of the Regional Official Plan. We also review related engineering submissions and approve water and wastewater connections to Regional services and review storm water management for developments adjacent to Regional Roads..
- Implements Provincial and Regional policies that guide growth and manage the use of land within Peel.
- Works together with the Cities of Mississauga and Brampton and the Town of Caledon, as well as private land owners and the development industry. Prepares Regional positions on all new development and redevelopment proposals in the City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, and Town of Caledon;
- Reviews water and sanitary sewer system expansions;
- Responds to non-portable ground water requests;
- Processes connection requests to Peel's water and wastewater system, storm sewer collection system and expansion on Regional roads to service new development;
- Reviews and provides feedback on Environmental Assessments; and
- Works with the Street Names Committee to name new streets.