Focus areas and supporting studies
As part of the Peel 2051 Regional Official Plan review and Municipal Comprehensive Review, we will explore policy changes in specific focus areas.
Find details on the various focus area projects and technical studies that are being undertaken to support policy development.
Notice of Decision – Approval of the Region of Peel Official Plan
On November 4, 2022, the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing issued a decision to approve the new Region of Peel Official Plan (RPOP) with 44 modifications. Download the Notice of Decision. Learn more about the Notice of Decision.
The new RPOP, as modified, came into effect as of November 4, 2022, replacing the previous Region of Peel Official Plan. The Minister's decision is final and there are no appeals.
The approved RPOP with Provincial modifications can be found on the Download the Peel Regional Official Plan page.
Regional Council Adoption of the new Region of Peel Official Plan
Regional Council passed By-law 20-2022 to adopt the new RPOP on April 28, 2022.
The Council Adopted RPOP was submitted to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing for approval.
Email Planning and Development Services to join our notification list, and stay up to date on the new RPOP.
The Region will be consulting on all focus areas throughout the consultation process. Read more about supporting projects and studies for each focus area:
- Age-friendly planning
- Aggregates resources and excess soil
- Agriculture and rural systems
- Climate change
- Greenlands system
- Growth management
- Health and the built environment (approved and in-effect)
- Major transit station areas
- Other supporting policy and mapping updates (including cultural heritage, Indigenous engagement, waste management and rural settlement area boundary refinement)
- Provincial Greenbelt plans (including Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan and Niagara Escarpment Plan)
- Settlement area boundary expansion
- Water resources
- Wildland fires
Links to the various supporting technical studies can be found on each webpage. The Technical Studies and Mapping document also provides links by focus area.
Find all council reports, consultation materials and supporting documents related to Peel 2051 in the Reading Room.