Community Bathing Program
Frequently asked questions
- Who can use this service?
- How will this program help me?
- When can I come?
- How long does a bath or shower take?
- What other services are provided?
- How can I get to Sheridan Villa?
- How soon can I book an appointment?
- How do I pre-register for the program?
- What should I bring?
Community bathing is a program offered by Sheridan Villa’s Community Support Services to help individuals who need assistance to bathe or who cannot use their own bathing facilities safely at home.
People who have difficulty managing their bathing at home. This could include seniors, people with disabilities or individuals recovering from an illness, accident or surgical procedure.
- Having support from a program like this can help some people to remain in their own homes.
- The program also supports caregivers who can’t help their loved ones to bathe at home because of their own physical or health limitations, their loved ones physical limitations, or inadequate bathroom facilities in their home – even with the addition of devices such as grab bars and bath chairs.
- Our client will enjoy their bath or shower in a private environment with safe, accessible facilities.
- Professional, knowledgeable and caring staff provide individualized care and assistance.
- It is a low-cost: $5 for a one-hour appointment.
- Day and evening appointments are available four days a week
- We can help you to connect with other services in the community.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: from noon to 4 p.m.
- Each appointment is for one-hour.
- Hair washing
- Basic nail care for hands and feet
- Changing the dressings on minor wounds
- Monitoring weight
- Referral to community resources as required
- You will need to arrange your own transportation to Sheridan Villa, located at 2460 Truscott Dr. in Mississauga [map].
- Our program supervisor can tell you about local transportation choices that will bring you to Sheridan Villa.
- Appointments need to be made at least 24-hours in advance
- Appointments are scheduled based on availability and pre-registration.
- You can call Sheridan Villa directly at 905-791-8668, Ext. 2925; or
- The Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre can refer you to our service – call: 905-855-9090 for more information; or
- Another Community Support Service organization can refer you.
- A change of clothing
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotions you use in your bath or shower
- Personal products such as razor, shaving cream, deodorant
- Wound dressing and/or treatments